- A bachelor’s degree with minimum CGPA 2.50 or equivalent, as accepted by the university's senate or;
- * A bachelor’s degree or equivalent not meeting CPA of 2.50 can be accepted subject to a minimum of five (5) years working experience in the relevant fields.
* Subjected to approval by the faculty council and university's senate.
- Local candidates with bachelor's degrees from Malaysian universities are considered comply with the english requirements. No further documentation required.
- All international candidates should have minimum qualifications of IELTS band 5.0 or TOEFL 500. The certification should not exceed two (2) years from the date of test taken and registration of candidature. However, for candidates with lower results of IELTS or TOEFL, must attend enhancement module of the pre-sessional english course (PEC).
Exception: Students from English speaking countries.
The Master of Mechanical Engineering programme aims to enhance the knowledge and skills of graduated engineers to understand the application of efficient energy utilization, different methods in design, environmental and reqgulatory issues, development, management, and operation of industrial management systems. The programme offers electives such as instrumentation & control systems, corrosion and degradation, advanced manufacturing, materials and thermodynamics, computational fluid dynamics and optimization techniques. Full time students are expected to complete the course within 1-3 years while part time students are given 2-6 years for completion.